Spring Energy Saving Tips
Although the cold is still lingering, Spring has arrived and it is important to check over your heating and cooling systems to make sure that you are running at peak efficiency. Here are some ways to prepare for spring and save energy throughout the season:
- Replace furnace and air conditioner filters. Clean filters allow for better air flow, providing more comfort and a lower electric bill.
- Schedule a system tune up. If your heating and cooling system hasn’t been running at its best, you are wasting energy and costing yourself more money. A system tune up will get your system back to running at peak efficiency. If your system is old and out of date, consider upgrading the entire system to save energy and lower bills.
- Turn the water heater down to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Change your light bulbs. Fluorescent and LED bulbs expel less heat which saves energy.
- Program your thermostat so that the temperature remains constant and you do not need to remember to turn the system on and off.
- Spring means longer days! Take advantage of the extra hours of daylight. If you have outdoors lighting on timers, adjust the settings so they only run when necessary.
- Check your sliding door tracks for cleanliness. If they track builds up with dirt and dust it can create gaps and ruin the door’s seal allowing hot and cool air to escape.
- Bright, sunny days can help save you energy on drying your clothes. Consider line drying to save your dryer a load of energy. When using a dryer, make sure to clean out the lint trap after each use. Also, check the dryer hose for build-up. Not only is this a fire hazard, but it also doesn’t allow your dryer to work at its best.
- Clean your refrigerator coils so it can work at peak efficiency. This can also prolong the life of the fridge.
- Cool only rooms that need it. Shut off parts of your home that do not need cooling to save your system the energy of expelling it out to a larger area.
- Get your heating oil tank filled. Even if you aren’t using it, keeping it full will prevent condensation from building up and corroding the tank. Bacteria can also grow in condensed water and form a sludge within the tank. Call us at (914) 574-4040 for a fill up!
To keep up with tips from Petroleum Kings, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and YouTube. We’re available on the phone by dialing 914-576-4040, online at our website, and across social media.
Tags: Diesel Fuel Delivery Hartsdale, Diesel Fuel Delivery Mamaroneck, Diesel Fuel Delivery New Rochelle, Diesel Fuel Delivery Scarsdale, Diesel Fuel Delivery Westchester County, Diesel Fuel Delivery White Plains, Diesel Fuel Delivery Yonkers, Energy Conservation Tips for Earth Day, Heating Oil Mamaroneck, Heating Oil New Rochelle, Heating Oil Scarsdale, Heating Oil Westchester, Heating Oil Westchester County, Heating Oil White Plains, Heating Oil Yonkers, Oil Delivery Mamaroneck, Oil Delivery New Rochelle, Oil Delivery Westchester County, Oil Delivery Yonkers, Oil Westchester
Posted in oil prices, Saving, Service, Tips, Uncategorized, Water Heaters |