How to Save Money on Your Air Conditioning Bills This Summer
Keep cool this summer by relying on Petroleum Kings LLC for all of your air conditioning needs. With more than 25 years of experience in the Westchester, NY area, we’re fully qualified to help you with air conditioner installation, maintenance and repair. Petroleum Kings LLC provides the best air conditioning systems on the market, so you know that you and your family will keep your cool this summer, even as the temperature rises.
How to Save Money on Your Air Conditioning Bills This Summer:
Home cooling typically accounts for up to half your energy costs. If your central air conditioning equipment is more than 12 years old, consider replacing it with ENERGY STAR® rated equipment to save money on utility bills, and ensure your family’s comfort. A high-efficiency air conditioner costs less to operate and its initial installation cost will be paid back many times during its lifetime.
Not ready for a new air conditioning unit? Petroleum Kings can help keep your existing unit running at its highest efficiency, saving you money and keeping you cool this summer with an air conditioning tune-up, and now is the perfect time. Petroleum Kings offers a variety of HVAC services! Whether you’re looking for central air or ductless air conditioning, we can cover installation and repair. Call us today (914) 576-4040 to learn more!
Other ideas to reduce your energy use and save money:
- Don’t turn your air conditioning off when you leave the house. Heat build-up in the walls and furniture makes it harder for your system to remove the heat when you return. Instead, turn the temperature up five to ten degrees, but not totally off.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible in the summer. Only use your air conditioner when the temperature is above 78 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use ceiling fans to provide additional cooling and better air circulation. Run the blades counter-clockwise (downward) to cool more efficiently. Ceiling fans cool only people, not the room so remember to turn ceiling fans off when you leave the room.
- Use an exhaust fan to blow hot air out of your kitchen while cooking. You’ll save more in cooling costs than the electricity to run the fan.
- To avoid activities that add heat and humidity to your home during the hottest parts of the day, consider the following:
- Cook outside on the grill instead of using the oven whenever possible.
- Use your microwave or other countertop appliances in place of the oven.
- Postpone laundry and dishwashing until nighttime when the outside air is cooler.
- Let dishes air dry in the dishwasher rather than using the drying feature.
- Minimize the number of times that outside doors are opened and closed. Hot air from outside enters your home every time the doors open.
- Keep window coverings closed during the day to prevent heat gain from the sun.
- Replace incandescent bulbs with high efficiency compact fluorescent lights. They use 75 percent less energy, produce about 75 percent less heat, and provide the same amount of light.
Contact Petroleum Kings now to schedule your air conditioning tune-up or to schedule your free no obligation air conditioning estimate, call (914) 576-4040.
With so many years of working hard to keep people in the Westchester, NY area comfortable, Petroleum Kings LLC are trusted experts in the field of air conditioning. We can help you understand all of the air conditioning options available today. Complete customer satisfaction is important to us –you will always be a top priority.